As a McKenzie Friend, my role is to quietly advise you as the Proceedings happen. I charge £90 per hour and as below is why you should use me instead of a Solicitor.
So why should you not choose a Solicitor to represent you?
- A solicitor will speak for / represent you and manage the case for court which may involve another 10 fee hours prior to court, at a cost of £3000.
- In Court, a solicitor for a day in Court may charge you £3000.
- The costs will mount up and it is not unknown for fees to total £30000!
So why me?
My cost to you for arriving at the Court Building at 9am and leaving at 5pm will be in the region of £720 plus travel and parking.
So, as I am a McKenzie Friend I cannot speak for you but I can:
- book you in with the Usher at Court so you have no need to see the other party prior to the Hearing
- ask the usher for a separate waiting room if needed,
- help negotiate in any negotiations prior to the Hearing starting,
- assist with what you say to Cafcass prior to the Hearing,
- speak to you prior to and in court so you know what to say,
- help you ask Questions,
- assist in writing your opening and closing submissions
- provide moral suppprt,
- stop you saying or suggesting anything that will upset the judge or ruin your case,
- nudge you so you know when to speak or when to raise your hand to speak to the Judge to put your view,
- and on occasions the Judge may ask my (as I am well respected among the South West Circuit for Judges) opinion on Reports, Interim Arrangements and any breaks.