As a McKenzie Friend, my role is to quietly advise you as the Proceedings happen.
This happens in Court or at Remote Hearings
I charge £70 per hour from the time we agree to meet till the time I leave you.
So why should you not choose a Solicitor to represent you?
- A solicitor will speak for / represent you and manage the case for court which may involve another 10 fee hours prior to court, at a cost of £5000.
- In Court, a solicitor for a day in Court may charge you £5000.
- The costs will mount up and it is not unknown for fees to total £30000!
So why me?
My cost to you from the time we meet till the time I leave you.
If an all day Hearing starting at 9am for arrival at court and leaving at 530pm, my fee will be in the region of £560 plus travel and parking.
if it is an hour's Hearing and I arrive at Court for 9am, Hearing at 10 and lasts till 11, then 30 minutes discussing what happened and what to do next the fee would be -
£175 plus travel and parking.
So, as I am a McKenzie Friend I cannot speak for you but I can:
- book you in with the Usher at Court so you have no need to see the other party prior to the Hearing,
- ask the usher for a separate waiting room if needed,
- help negotiate in any negotiations prior to the Hearing starting,
- assist with what you say to Cafcass prior to the Hearing,
- speak to you prior to and in court so you know what to say,
- help you ask Questions,
- assist in writing your opening and closing submissions
- provide moral suppprt,
- stop you saying or suggesting anything that will upset the judge or ruin your case,
- nudge you so you know when to speak or when to raise your hand to speak to the Judge to put your view